On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Scott González <scott.gonza...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Matt <hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Scott González
>> <scott.gonza...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Good for who? If Joyent is concerned, they can take the action of
>>> creating a foundation. I don't think the community is concerned about this
>>> (I don't think Joyent is either).
>>>

>> I think it would be good in both directions. Joyent was forced to answer
>> by an angry misinformed mob. They calmed one group of people while
>> offending others, and I don't really envy their position. Their response
>> lost us a valuable member of the community who could have been educated (as
>> StrongLoop now says they have successfully done) rather than offended. You
>> may not be concerned about it but please don't force that opinion on me or
>> others by saying what you think is the community opinion.
>>

> I didn't force anything on you or anyone else. I said "I don't think…" as
> in "my view is…" not "it is fact that…" Reading into things like this is
> what caused such a huge uproar in the first place.

Then allow me to re-word. It's clear just from emails here that there *are*
community members who think this is an issue. Saying you don't think the
community is concerned about it would be simply incorrect, and ironically
very similar to saying "I don't think they/him/her matters" when clearly
people are saying it matters.

Matt.