On 12/17/2013 02:00 PM, Stefan Klein wrote:
> Afaik mockery
> (https://github.com/mfncooper/mockery#registering-allowable-modules)
> overwrites "require" to warn on non-allowed modules.
Nice :)
So indeed there is more to controlling imported code parts than only
virus/malware related issue.
Granted that I am blissfully unacquainted with the cocept of "mock", I
think the suggested
tool is more focused on loading the right things.
Might be that this is helpful for avoiding untrusted code comletely,
more than restricting
the privileges. Still I think this threat has been encriched by this
idea, thank you Stefan.

The approach to overwrite require seems something a sandboxing scheme
might adopt, since
after all using require is imho much more real-life case as compared to
the one which
https://github.com/gf3/sandbox helps with, which is of this form of a
string-js-code-argument:

// Example 1 - Standard JS
s.run( "1 + 1", function( output ) {
  console.log( "Example 1: " + output.result + "\n" )
}) where the untrusted code would be the "1 + 1" (granted some very
scary code nonetheless ;)