Hi Node.js experts,

There are many many modules and frameworks able to solve this problem.  I'm
looking for CONCRETE recommendations and guidance for well supported active
implementations.
e.g. pubsub, message queues etc

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the options and amount of research testing I'd
have to do so hoping the community can help me narrow down the choices.

Usual scenario:

* Front end (FE) server receives request
* FE submits task/job
* Available worker pulls task or is notifed, executes, returns result
* Result can be any JSON response
* FE notified of response/result via Promise/Callback

Objective:
* Keep FE responsive focused on executing cheap operations to serve FE.
* Implement architecture where tasks do not execute within a timeout can be
terminated.

Worker architecture:
* Scale across multiple servers e.g. I just need to add more physical nodes
* Configurable execution timeout resulting in termination/restart of worker
process and returning a Timeout style notification
* Will execute static JS file i.e. NOT dynamic task code
* Resilient - handles worker process failure elegantly and restart/spawn
more.

I guess a common implementation will be a Worker Master running on a
server,
spawning X number of children that monitor a queue (pull) or are pushed a
task via sockets/pipes or some other mechanism.

It will be up to the Master on each physical node to monitor child worker
processes and spawn more as needed.

Thanks,
Tim