On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 4:10 AM, Alexey Petrushin <
alexey.petrus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote small article with my subjective view about how CouchDB differs
> from MongoDB
>
> http://petrush.in/blog/2013/a-little-about-cochudb-and-comparison-with-mongodb/show

subjective indeed.

Saying it's harder because of using M/R in secondary indexes is subjective.
Most people will see maps as a way to match documents and emit values they
need to query later / keys. Which at the end especially for javascript is
user give a lot of flexibility. (some should also ask himself why mpngodb
added this feature later).

M/R chaining: there are some nodejs project that does that. Waiting for
this feature in couchdb that will probably come soon in a way or another.

no in/place update. Well such things could be done using _update functions
if you really need it while still having an append-only database. If you
really care about your data you don't want to update in place except in a
cache database maybe.

no sharding/scale: true for now. But actually the code coming fonm
cloudant.con is actually in the process to be merged.

Popularity. true . This is true for all db backed with a lot of money
anyway:

http://db-engines.com/en/ranking

Poor support  I don't see why not using Github as an authority means poor
user support. You can use Jira, you can use the mailing-lists open to every
one. You have an open documentation that you can patch. And support of PR
from github has been considerably improved. Couchdb is also backed by one
of the oldest organisation in the world.

About the  "high-availability", "scalability", "high-load" , you're saying
they are not here. It all depends
what you mean when using these terms. It all depends on your usage. also. A
lot of usages around will contradict your feeling.

- benoit