Right now my soap calls are so deeply nested into my REST routes, I think I
have to start pulling those out, and make them more accessible directly.
Only then I can mock the specific calls.
I was really hoping for a SOAP mock server that I can add the call supports
to them but like you said I can simulate that will timeouts and something
that returns some fake data.

It is not trivial and it is tedious...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/6ba9eb2b-c2e1-4d64-82ce-5ef1064c95d9%40googlegroups.com.