Hey all.

I would like to know from peeps what could be the best IPC.

I have written this code to test what I might use.
https://github.com/FLYBYME/node_ipc_benchmarks

Background.

I have a UDP server receiving messages at a high rate of speed. The server
stores the last 1500x1000 messages in memory.
I have a web server that reads the messages and streams them out to clients.

UDP -> Memory -> WebServer -> HTTP

At the moment my server is only one process. I have bottlenecks. Im looking
to setup a multi-process server.

What I'm thinking is something like:

UDP1,UDP2,UDP3 -> IPC
-> WebServer1-memory/WebServer2-memory/WebServer3-memory -> HTTP

The UDP server/s receives messages. The UDP send the messages over TCP to
the web server. The web server sends the messages to multiple clients over
HTTP.

Im looking to scale this up over many cores.

>From my test I have found that RAW TCP connection seems to be the best
performer.

Any advice on this would be very cool.

SIDE NOTE:
I have thought about saving messages into a database like redis but I have
found that redis is really slow compared to TCP/Memory.

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/1459ec6e-89c7-4554-8d8d-4c9c2125da83%40googlegroups.com.