Hello,

I haven't used nodejs a lot, but first thing I noticed when using gulp is
that it requires local installation for all projects. I understand, it's
good to have same version of gulp as dependency for project, so that other
people using gulp on the project use same version.

But if my project has gulp as dependency to latest version, and I have
globally installed latest version, why it still requires local version?

The point is, the dependency for specific gulp version should be
*required*, and if it's met (using global package) why is local
installation required?

I hope I am being clear.

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/eec6ce58-3a72-44a3-9368-53f817b10170%40googlegroups.com.