That's just shockingly terrible. I've experienced plenty of UDP issues in
my career (believe me debugging UDP issues is one of the harder things
you'll ever do), but dropping packets on loopback at 8Mbit is appalling.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CAPJ5V2adPdMARqMKMXSrJat2ainrWx9JfbCpLSLdTxRQcfLKCw%40mail.gmail.com.