On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Tom Boutell <t...@punkave.com> wrote:

> There's an important difference though. With a regular "if" statement
> in synchronous code, if there is no else clause, that doesn't prevent
> the next line *after* the if from executing. With an "if" statement in
> synchronous code, every possible branch must eventually result in
> callback invocation, or the "next line" unrelated to the "if"
> condition will never execute.

Absolutely - I don't disagree with that at all. Like I said, async code
doesn't deal with if statements very well. Maybe streamline does - I've yet
to check it out. Another option might be to use Smalltalk-style class based
logic, so that you don't even have if-statements.

Matt.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CAPJ5V2bvAoTdd%2Bn5MAw8dS_KzJhQMJMN23xqjnwnYEmdYLP3Tg%40mail.gmail.com.