Hi,

I'm currently building a small Node.js prototype which is aimed to run in a
production system on AIX 7.x. Tue to the fact, the solution should run at a
industrial customer with strong SLA's, I'm forced to use the official IBM
binaries for Node.js. Currently I'm using the latest prebuild v0.10.32
binaries directly from IBM.

My first mini test program seems to run really slow. Are their any known
performance issues on AIX?

It's just a proxy web service which excepts HTTP POST requests with a XML
payload of 5-30kByte, this payload will be forwarded to another web service
(written in Java which is doing a heavy data manipulation on it) and
returning around 2-50kByte of binary data. Thats's it. And all is running
on the same machine, using 127.0.0.1 local loopback interface.

Running a job with 250 web requests (serial calls, nothing parallel)
directly on the Java web service gives me around 2.3s in total processing
time. With my Node.js proxy in between it leeds to around 10s, that's a 4X.
The same test on my 2008 MBP on OSX gives me 3.0s on Java and 3.4s through
my Node.js proxy - a 10% overhead only which is really great. The AIX 7.1
server machine is just a virtual test machine from https://www.*ibm*
.com/partnerworld/*pdp.*

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Dieter

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/1de63abd-2233-4d84-9114-78db21e3a7b8%40googlegroups.com.