place this code at start of index.js it will provide memory usage
statistics for every 30,000 milliseconds

var util = require('util');
setInterval(function() {
console.log(util.inspect(process.memoryUsage()));
}, 30000);

i.e
{ rss: 40812544, heapTotal: 32171264, heapUsed: 18636952 }

Where in

rss = residential set a.k.a. the pages that are actually in memory

heap(Total|Used) = the chunk of memory that's used for dynamic
allocations

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/251da5e5-65af-4bb5-9ef9-8ae4e9e0be5a%40googlegroups.com.