You're basically correct in that it really protects against segmentation
faults (and other things like that) allowing access to memory regions that
the code shouldn't access, and as such in theory V8 shouldn't be vulnerable
to such things.

Having said that, it's not a terrible idea to implement this kind of thing,
it just seems like you may be over-thinking it. It's far more important to
get the basics of security right in your application, and most people don't
spend nearly enough time on that.

Matt.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CAPJ5V2ZkAe1Fp2kXi%2BBs3vRZo85HxsSY7rk%2BOupG4x-bJuXk3g%40mail.gmail.com.