My app is seeing the same problem, memory blowing up after some time and
then CPU going to 100%. We've been using socket 1.x since mid August, so
that doesn't solve it. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try next?

For us, a partial fix was to make sure that we only use websockets as a
transport mechanism. We are still leaking memory, but much less so than
before. If websockets suit your app, the line you need to configure them is
this:

io.connect(serverUrl, { transports: ['websocket'] })

I'd like to make sure I get rid of the leak completely though. Any help
would be appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/75b09fa7-9a5f-4326-82d9-b611a609d505%40googlegroups.com.