Why do you think you should? What are you hoping to gain / what problems
are you trying to solve by doing this?

  Currently in my application major processing is done at the client site
using jquery and java script because of which the performance of page is
effected. Therefore, with the power of node.js I want to use my existing UI
team to do the coding in node.js and move computational based code on the
server side (java based).
Also, I want to take advantage of Non-Blocking asynchronous approach of
node.js.

There are many ways for applications in different languages to communicate
with one another. What does your java code do / what purpose does it serve?
What will your node code do?

My application is analytical application which all kinds of logic on large
amount of data and finally present it to the user in the form of charts,
graphs etc. Java performs all the business logic of creating the desired
data.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/474d152b-bc28-4bd1-b7bb-17705a2519eb%40googlegroups.com.