No idea about Win32 and not sure if there is cross-platform solution, but
for Linux you can interface to NetworkManager or Connman using one of node
dbus clients ( disclaimer: I'm author
of https://github.com/sidorares/node-dbus )

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/ff9eb579-5cbe-4a34-9176-2e969fa3b7dd%40googlegroups.com.