What I want to do is setup a simple node.js http server to which a
web-client connects. I also want the node.js server to act as a UDP
listener on a separate port, on which it will receive udp packages from
some other application. I want the node.js server to process the packages
and send it immediately to one or more of the connected web-clients. (Yes,
the UDP contains video stream that I already divided into smaller chunks
and put index on each chunk). Basically - there was already very similar
topic on stack overflow, however the guy over there wanted to parse the
JSON data, and I want to transfer bytes from live video stream.

Here's the code that was mentioned before on stack:

   1.

   Create a simple node.js http server that responds with a static html
   page:

   //Initialize the HTTP server on port 8080, serve the index.html pagevar
server = http.createServer(function(req, res) {
       res.writeHead(200, {
           'Content-type': 'text/html'});
           res.end(fs.readFileSync(__dirname + '/index.html'));
       }).listen(8080, function() {
           console.log('Listening at: 127.0.0.1 8080');
       });

   2.

   Initialize a UDP server on a separate port:

   //Initialize a UDP server to listen for json payloads on port 3333var srv =
dgram.createSocket("udp4");
   srv.on("message", function (msg, rinfo) {
     console.log("server got: " + msg + " from " + rinfo.address + ":" +
rinfo.port);
     io.sockets.broadcast.emit('message', 'test');
     //stream.write(msg);
     //socket.broadcast.emit('message',msg);});

   srv.on("listening", function () {
     var address = srv.address();
     console.log("server listening " + address.address + ":" + address.port);});

   srv.bind(5555);

   3.

   Use socket.io to establish a live connection between web-client and
   server:

   //this listens for socket messages from the client and broadcasts to all
other clientsvar io = require('socket.io').listen(server);
   io.sockets.on('connection', function (socket) {
       socket.on('message', function (msg) {
         console.log('Message Received: ', msg.data.skeletons[0] ?
msg.data.skeletons[0].skeleton_id : '');
         socket.broadcast.emit('message', msg);
       }
     );});

I guess my problem is I don't know how to bridge 2 and 3, to get the
received UDP packets broadcasted to the connected socket.io clients. Or
perhaps there's a simpler, more elegant way of doing this? I found the
documentation for socket.io to be lacking... Is anyone able to help me?
Thanks guys!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/4fd952fb-42fd-4e25-8c9a-cd9affb5d6df%40googlegroups.com.