Forever is a tool which starts your app and restarts it if it crashes. In
your app you define port on which app listens. It has nothing to do with
the way you start your app. Port forwarding is done in your firewall
software and/or router NAT settings.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/e2eed762-1bbc-460d-8790-183ae1bc2f71%40googlegroups.com.