Hello,

I'm using Node backed by nginx with a simple `proxy_pass`. I've encountered
errors in my nginx logs regarding malformed uris.

If I issue a request that looks like *curl  "$(printf
'http://myserver/\x02')"* then the request is dropped by node. This leaves
nginx without a response and sends back a 502 to the client. The real
problem occurs when *valid* request comes at the same time (or near). The
dropped, malformed requests makes nginx also drop the other requests, valid
or not.

I believe this is related to nodejs dropping the connection:
*https://github.com/joyent/node/issues/6756*

1 of the solutions recommended by some posts is to normalize the requests
by adding a `/` to the upstream server, but that creates problems for
routes on the node server.

Ideally, the malformed request should return a 400 by nginx.

Has anyone else encountered and solved this problem?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/221d219d-de61-4d5a-8a6c-66674a1d425f%40googlegroups.com.