On May 30, 2015, at 1:26 AM, dan krutz wrote:

> I have a plain old html file within a static directory running under public.
> When a user hits server.com/caa/ I'd like to serve up the static html page.
> However, if they user also goes to server.com/CAA/ I'd like them to go to the
> same directory, so case sensitivity should not matter. Right now, when the
> user enters in a capital "CAA" they visit a different folder than a lowercase
> "caa" ... I'd like this not to be the case.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can fix this inside node? I am a node newbie.

You probably shouldn't do that. URLs are assumed to be case-sensitive, and each
resource should be available by a single canonical URL. The same resource
should not be served from additional URLs (regardless whether those differ from
the canonical URL in case, hostname, or other details) unless they do so by
issuing an HTTP 301 redirect to the canonical URL. (I guess the one exception
to that is that it is ok to serve the same resource at two different URLs that
differ in protocol -- http vs. https -- since there are valid reasons to want
that.)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/90AD1234-92A5-47A6-9CE3-D6499CBF49DE%40ryandesign.com.