Funny I was just reading up on lodash as I saw your post. It's hard to wrap
my head around how libraries could perform so much better than native code,
but it appears to be a fact.

I saw lazy.js benchmarks where it greatly outperformed lodash, but since
then lodash added lazy evaluation as well.

Thanks again,
Alen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/6e5cd3ab-f141-406c-bab7-b8c77c4bf3e1%40googlegroups.com.