https://github.com/s-a/iron-node looks like an interesting alternative

From: nodejs@googlegroups.com [mailto:nodejs@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
John English
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 7:13 AM
To: nodejs
Subject: [nodejs] Debugging with node-inspector & Chrome

I'm getting a bit frustrated with using node-inspector with Chrome. I quite
often come across an anomaly while debugging ("how did that value get there?",
"why isn't that value there?", you know the sort of thing), then I want to
restart and focus on that anomaly to try and spot the root cause of the problem.

In most debuggers there's a "stop" button, and you can then press "run" to
start again from the beginning. But there doesn't seems to be a stop button, or
any other way to restart execution. If I try reloading the page in Chrome, it
just spins its wheels uselessly. If I close Chrome and then reopen it, it tells
me it's "detached from the target" but the only thing that seems to work then
is to close Chrome, close node-inspector, restart node-inspector, restart
Chrome, and reconnect...

Please tell me I'm being stupid and missing something obvious; it surely can't
be so difficult to use what is otherwise a very nice debugger?

TIA,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/0c6b20c9-bfb5-497e-b17b-d9a5cc716b82%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/0c6b20c9-bfb5-497e-b17b-d9a5cc716b82%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .