You have your user accounts in a db. When a users logs in, you verify his
account. You store every information you might need in the future in the
claim of the JWT. You create the JWT and send it back to the user. With
this JWT the user can now log in from anywhere, anytime until the JWT
expires. You verify the user by decoding the JWT. The whole point of having
JWT is to not store them in a db.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CAMhY10osDDeEwZG%2BpS9%2BxA3MtDFtv9BpuGF0z%3DAjV5h_uZev2w%40mail.gmail.com.