On Aug 27, 2015, at 10:32 AM, John Gardner wrote:

> Apologies for the really basic question, but I've inherited a Node app and as
> far as building the runtime and installing Express I'm a bit stuck.  Is there
> any config file containing parameters for the Node runtime?  For instance,
> Node seems to spawn a process for each CPU core, is this configurable?

There is no config file for node itself. Node itself does not spawn multiple
processes, though it is of course possible for you (or your predecessor) to
write code that does that, for example using the cluster module or other means.
You'll have to read your application code to see how the additional process
spawning is happening and if it's configurable.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/EFE878D2-975A-405F-8711-F803DD262BE8%40ryandesign.com.