Hi,

looking at the node documentation i can't quite figure out how the resolve
works

i have index.js requiring a domhandler via

  DomHandler = require("domhandler");

full path to index is
/node_modules/htmlparser2/lib/index.js

thie domhandler directory is found in
/node_modules/htmlparser2/node_modules/domhandler, it contains
a package.json pointing to the index.js file in the same directory.

If I read the documentation right, the described function node_module_path
would never give me the path to
the domhandler directory because "node_module" is not added to the
directory array - the pseudo code never
adds a part to the directory entry if its name is node_modules (see code
below or at https://nodejs.org/api/modules.html)

the code would filter all the node_modules folder from the directory pathes
and I would end up with pathes like

/node_modules/
/htmlparser2/node_modules/
/htmlparser2/lib/node_modules

is this a problem of the documentation or am I missing something?
I assume that " path split(START) " would give me an Array like
["node_modules", "htmlparser2", "lib"]

thanks for hints

bernhard

NODE_MODULES_PATHS(START)1. let PARTS = path split(START)2. let I = count of
PARTS - 13. let DIRS = []4. while I >= 0,
   a. if PARTS[I] = "node_modules" CONTINUE
   c. DIR = path join(PARTS[0 .. I] + "node_modules")
   b. DIRS = DIRS + DIR
   c. let I = I - 15. return DIRS

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/3c14be12-9936-40c9-8268-39d4a85f052a%40googlegroups.com.