I don't know much about featherjs, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to
write your own plugin?

Regarding implementation details: Definitely use an external server
like solr or elasticsearch, because writing something like lucene is
relatively hard.

--Josh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CAHL2Ymq6ijghBupeFKvJQ6FCHpLK9zn0P6VqoWJpkjL-CqvEKg%40mail.gmail.com.