Hello Stephen Vickers,

I am trying to send a snmp trap message using your net-snmp module from a
NodeJS application.  Please find below the code snippet. However, when I am
triggering the request , it is send a snmp message to NetCool  Probe . I
can see that  SNMP probe  is recognizing the hit and Event. However,
NodeJS application throwing "RequestTimedOutError: Request timed out".
Can you help a bit here ,  please ?  Also, even I change the version from 1
to version2c , net-snmp implementation always sending version1 msg.

var options = {
port: 161,
retries: 1,
timeout: 5000,
transport: "udp4",
trapPort: 162,
version: snmp.Version2c
};

var session = snmp.createSession ("DESKTOP-BPJ763B", "public",options);
var oids = ["1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0", "1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0"];

res.send('This is a netcool message.')

Thanks & Regards
Dhrubo

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/dc827436-9d1c-4b35-b1de-4db4a7c2721d%40googlegroups.com.