Considering how many js devs fail to answer "what values evaluate to false
in JavaScript". It isn't the new features that are the problem.

There's a combination of problems.  People believing they're better
developers than they are.  People who look down on js and front end
development.  And those ahead to learn new things.

JS isn't really evolving any more than Java, C#, go, python and others as a
whole in the past 20 years.  And having to fight uphill to use newer
features is a pain.  I'm not on the younger side of this (I'm 42)... But
I've managed to keep up.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CA%2BpgmMoRmv-P-8a%2B6JCj8szBcJ_32fPULL3DqrZp%2B3SgMZLTDw%40mail.gmail.com.