Rajat Kamal for Basundhara; honour for Pritam

                      Our Bureau
New Delhi/GUWAHATI, Sept 15: Assamese film Basundhara, directed and
produced by Hiren Bora, won Rajat Kamal at 57th National Film Awards
today. Amit Pritam of Assam also bagged the best sound design award for
his work in the Malayalam movie Pazhassi Raja. Basundhara, the first
film directed by Bora, is about man-elephant conflict and issues of
socio-economic development. An elated Bora said, “I’m so glad to win
this award. My hardwork has borne fruit.” He said, “People of Assam want
 to see commercial films. They don’t like to watch serious movies.” Bora
 said he was working on another Assamese film.
Basundhara was among four Assamese films sent for the 57th National
Film Awards. The other Assamese films were Jiban Bator Logori directed
by Timothy Das Hanse, Srimanta Sankardeva directed by Surya Hazarika and
 Turgat directed by Dr Bhupen Kaman. Pritam shared the award with Resul
Pookutty.
(The Sentinel,16.09.2010)