jdaugherty commented on PR #16414:
URL: https://github.com/apache/grails-core/pull/16414#issuecomment-5962882834

   If you can't articulate why we should change, I don't think we should make 
the change.  The same argument could be made for groovy vs java - why don't we 
use semicolons everywhere? 
   
   At a minimum, this change is large enough that it should be proposed in a 
plan and it should be voted on after discussion.  I'm a -1 on this for now as a 
result.  I'm not against supporting both, but removing the functionality will 
break several existing apps with no off ramp / transition.  We need to discuss 
the differences and plan on how to transition.  This PR doesn't do either and I 
don't think this is something we should do on a PR alone.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to