prosgarz35 commented on PR #3211: URL: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/3211#issuecomment-5860808845
> Reading the PR I can't but wonder **Why ?** > > The PR comments do raise 4 credible bug claims. > > But there's no corresponding tests. If we are fixing stuff we should have non-regression tests. I confess that in the absence of tests in the folder tree I did not look further. > > Next the history show 18 commits: I confess not even taking a look at the list. We are fixing 4 bugs I'd expect the count of commit to be around that number. git rebase is a good friend to come to that kind of clean history. > > Use plain imports. > > Also rewriting a DNS cache is IMO too low level, unless we can prove we really need it. DNS at least in my benchmarks / workload is not a limiting factor. If possible we should try to keep the code lean and avoid accidental complexity. Maybe this kind of contribs could be directed to dnsjava ? > > Cheers! Yeah code becomes really big. So better improve dnsjava and then in future mb caffeine? -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
