WolfgangHG commented on issue #332:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4net/issues/332#issuecomment-5885706938

   @FreeAndNil Thanks for the clarification. I will implement the suggested 
workaround.
   It is obvious that forwarding a logger initialization error is the correct 
approach. Previously, the logger would have been disabled silently, which makes 
it hard to diagnose the missing log.
   
   I will close this issue if one bonus question is answered 😄:
   Thinking about the `EventLogAppender`, which is not available in .NET6+ 
applications: the workaround is to use another nuget package, but the source 
repository of 
[Log4Net.Appenders.NetCore](https://www.nuget.org/packages/Log4Net.Appenders.NetCore)
 does not even exist any more. The default `log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender` 
should probably work if the log4net Nuget package contains also an assembly for 
the target framework `net8.0-windows`. But there were probably good reasons for 
not doing this?
   If adding another target framework is possible, I could create a new issue 
to follow this.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to