Hi David,

I just wanted to give you a quick "thank you" for the nmbug-status
program. It's really handy to be able to publish decent-looking HTML
pages based on notmuch search results with this.

The script is quite general, (only a tiny portion was tied directly to
nmbug), so I renamed it notmuch-to-html, and hosted it here after a tiny
bit of generalization and a couple of minor user-interface changes:

        http://git.cworth.org/git/notmuch-to-html

Feel free to re-adopt this as part of nmbug if you want or to suck it
back into notmuch/contrib or whatever.

Again, thanks!

-Carl

PS. For reference, here are the results I'm currently generating with
the script (for the Mesa project):

        http://cworth.org/~cworth/mesa-stable-queue/

You'll see that I'm doing something very similar to what nmbug does,
(even with a compatible tag-naming scheme). In my case, I'm not (yet)
doing any collaborative maintenance of the patch queue, so I don't need
any of the tag-synchronization features that nmbug provides.

I would like to be able to do collaborative tag maintenance in the
future. And I think for that what I'd really like is a standalone tool
that allowed me to synchronize a set of tags (such as, "anything with a
msq::" prefix). Of course, that's really close to what nmbug is. I'd
just like to see it be a bit more general, and walk the user more gently
through the setup.

(I'll confess that I tried to hack up nmbug a bit, but failed. There's
some mismatch between me and perl that is apparently not going to be
resolved.)

--
carl.d.wo...@intel.com