David Bremner <da...@tethera.net> writes:

> [...]
> I think something like the following test (but with an smime encrypted
> message instead of the existing PGP/MIME encrypted message.
>
>     test_begin_subtest "process cryptographic MIME parts"
>     ;; additional variables can be dynamically bound as needed, but this one
>     ;; in particular is needed for decryption
>     test_emacs '(let ((notmuch-crypto-process-mime t))
>     ;; simulate the user action
>             (notmuch-show
>             "id:20091117203301.gv3...@dottiness.seas.harvard.edu")
>     ;; this is the test framework, write the terminal display to a file
>     ;; called OUTPUT
>             (test-visible-output))'
>     test_expect_equal_file
> $EXPECTED/notmuch-show-process-crypto-mime-parts-on OUTPUT
>
> you would also need to create a file with a "screen display" in
> $EXPECTED, and add that as part of your patch.
>
> I hope that helps,
> [...]

To make this work, I will need to generate two S/MIME test messages. One
encrypted only, and one encrypted and signed.

Where can I find the S/MIME test key? test/smime directory?

Is there a better way for generating the test messages than importing
the test key into my "production" keychain? Look to T355-smime for
inspiration?

Where do I put the generated test messages to be able to use them in the
test?

Many thanks in advance and cheers,

  --alexander