Morten Kjeldgaard <mortenkjeldga...@gmail.com> writes:
> I would love to have just one function that carries out both tasks,
> opening the file in a temporary buffer, and after you finish with C-c
> C-c, it automatically does the reindexing for you. Unfortunately it's
> above my current Elisp skills to write this.

Maybe something like the re-edit draft as new interface (e), although
allowing arbitrary edits is a bit of a footgun, so we'd probably want to
make people confirm "are you sure, this could destroy your message" or
similar. I'm too far behind to do this myself, but I'll (eventually)
look at patches if someone wants to work something up.