Lars Kotthoff <li...@larsko.org> writes:

> Sorry, I dropped the ball on this -- here's the patch again with space/tab
> inconsistencies fixed. I wasn't entirely sure about this as it's inconsistent
> in the existing source, so I tried to make it as consistent as possible.
> Cover included again below.

Hi Lars,

Thanks for sticking with this, and sorry I did not respond to the first
thread. There are still one or two minor whitespace issues.  If you have
"uncrustify" installed, then ./devel/check-notmuch-commit && git diff
will find the ones I'm thinking of. You can ignore the problems you
didn't introduce.

> The attached patch allows to customize the default ", " and "| "
> separators in author lists. The main rationale for supporting this is
> that the Python API uses the same functionality to get the list of
> authors -- if I want to separate them again afterwards, I have to
> split the returned string, which is error-prone with comma separators
> (e.g. name in email address is of form Lastname, Firstname).

Can you add a brief summary of the motivation to the commit message?

>  test/T030-config.sh         |  2 ++
>  test/T055-path-config.sh    |  4 ++++
>  test/T590-libconfig.sh      | 10 ++++++++++

Thanks for adjusting the existing test suite.

Can you also add a simple test to check the functionality you
introduced? Testing the CLI is fine, or if you prefer something in the
style of test/T590-libconfig.sh