Hello,

I've been trying to get my n17 card to do SVIDEO tv out

--------------------------
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440]
(rev a3)
--------------------------

It is close to working.  The first issue is that it was outputting PAL, and I
found the module parameter and kernel boot config to change that:

--------------------------
nouveau.tv_norm=NTSC-M
--------------------------

That makes the picture look much better, but the colors are still off.

Then I notice that the card thinks it's outputting COMPOSITE instead of SVIDEO:

--------------------------
wberrier@myth:~$ xrandr --prop
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 640 x 480, maximum 4096 x 4096
VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
TV-1 connected 640x480+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
        overscan: 50 (0x00000032)       range:  (0,100)
        hue: 0 (0x00000000)     range:  (0,100)
        saturation: 50 (0x00000032)     range:  (0,100)
        flicker reduction: 50 (0x00000032)      range:  (0,100)
        mode:   NTSC-M
                supported: PAL          PAL-M        PAL-N        PAL-Nc
                           NTSC-M       NTSC-J
        subconnector:   Composite
                supported: Unknown      Composite    SVIDEO       Component
                           SCART
        select subconnector:    Automatic
                supported: Automatic    Composite    SVIDEO       Component
                           SCART
   720x480        59.9 +
   1024x768       59.9
   800x600        59.9
   720x576        59.9
   640x480        59.9*
   400x300       119.9

   320x240       119.9
   320x200       119.9
--------------------------

When trying to change the subconnector it to SVIDEO, it fails:

--------------------------
wberrier@myth:~$ xrandr --output TV-1 --set subconnector SVIDEO
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  149 (RANDR)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  13 (RRChangeOutputProperty)
  Value in failed request:  0x52
  Serial number of failed request:  29
--------------------------

It appears that other people on the net are also having this issue.

I dug around the kernel nouveau/drm source and found where the default for
COMPOSITE gets set, and also discovered that the "override_conntype" wasn't
what I was looking for.

Any help about how to solve this and what the best method is?

An additional module parameter for nouveau may be nice for forcing the
subconnector.

Fixing xrandr to work would also be nice, as it also fails to set the mode:

wberrier@myth:~$ xrandr --output TV-1 --set mode PAL