On 02/08/2013 03:23 AM, Flavio Castelli wrote:
On 02/07/2013 08:37 PM, mwesten wrote:
I recently used a DOS program called ddcw.exe to fix the corrupted EDID
on one of my monitors.

I already tried to write the good EDID into the monitor but I failed. I
also tried to do that using i2cset with the same result. I suspect the
EEPROM is write protected...

I'll give a shot to this program.

My suspicion is that if the EDID data got corrupted in the first place, then it's not protected. I don't know about i2cset, or any other methods.

If that doesn't work, the drm_kms_helper module in newer kernels should
have a parameter to get around the problem.

See https://www.osadl.org/Single-View.111+M50eaf2f2c66.0.html

That's working!

My monitor now is powered and I can use it.

There's only one minor issue: the nouveau module keeps complaining about
the wrong EDID received by this monitor. Is there a way to tell the
driver to stop probing the monitor?

I've noticed that too, and I'm not aware of a way to prevent it.

Thanks a lot for the help

No problem.

-Mike