Hello, again, ilia.

I already followed that same suggestion, that someone, in that forum that I linked to, made (http://trisquel.info/en/forum/nouveau-mi-eq-overflowing#comment-43713) and tried all sorts of different kernels - including the 3.11.3-gnu one - with no results.

The best thing that I could get was the boot splash screen with kernel 3.4.64-gnu1, and then a black screen.

Different kernels didn't solve the problem, and the message that appeared in the Xorg log, with the best trial that I mentioned, was still the same that I initially reported in that forum.

I, unfortunately, ended up having to revert to the proprietary drivers, and lost my patience to try anything else... I managed to find a version of a distro where I can get the card to work, with no problems - so I'll stick to that, for the time being.

I may try this free driver again, in the future. But, for now, I have an urgency in having this computer functional.

Thank you very much, all of you, for your help and your efforts, and good luck with your project.