Hi there, Emil.

Sorry for the "long story"... :)

It's just that, being an "outsider" (i.e. not a member of this mailing-list) and someone who just came here once before, to ask another question, I thought I should sort of "introduce" myself. :)

Unfortunately, (as I say in the link where I point to for my "results") I've already tried all sorts of different kernels, including the most recent ones (and I've also tried several different distributions), and there's really no way that I can make nouveau run on this particular card.

Besides the proprietary drivers (that run well on it), the only other driver that I can make run on my card is the generic "vesa" one - but, only if I add the "nomodeset" parameter at boot.

And, if I don't add this option to the kernel parameters (and just let the nouveau driver try to load), I always get black screens, when X loads, with every kernel that I try.

It's something in the card, itself, that makes nouveau not able to run on it... (Since that, as I said, people who have cards from well known brands that use the same chip - http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/nouveau/2013-October/014677.html - don't have the same problem that I have.)