Hello!

I've installed Fedora 20 Mate i386 on an old system with GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP (NV25) and I see significant visual defects. Many icons are not shown. They can reappear if they are selected of the mouse goes over them. Screenshot:
http://red-bean.com/proski/nv25/screenshot.png

All entries on the left should have icons, but only two have them.

The problem goes away I create a file /etc/modprobe.d/nouveau.conf containing
"options nouveau noaccel=1", rebuild initrd and reboot.

I compiled Linux kernel 3.16 and I see exactly the same problem. .config:
http://red-bean.com/proski/nv25/kernel.config

I tried opening many tabs with flash based videos in Firefox and got a hang. At first, the mouse worked, I was able to switch to the console with Ctrl-Alt-F2, but when I switched back to X, the system was totally unresponsive and I had to power cycle it. The kernel log for 3.16:
http://red-bean.com/proski/nv25/dmesg

The output of "lspci -nnvvvxxx":
http://red-bean.com/proski/nv25/lspci-nnvvvxxx

Fedora 20 is fully up-to-date. MATE appears to be most affected, but I've also seen incorrectly drawn checkboxes in LDXE on that system.

I'm ready to donate that video card to the project if anyone is interested.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin