Hi Chris,

On 06/11/14 19:05, Chris wrote:
> Greetings,
>  I remember Nouveau being in the ports tree on FreeBSD some
> time ago. As I see it isn't there now. I was wondering if anyone
> else might have, or be working on a BSD branch. Or might be able
> to provide some insight on getting a branch of Nouveau running
> on FreeBSD.
>
> Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

Afaik currently there is no port for (Free)BSD.

On the positive side nouveau's current infrastructure ("core", interface
"nvif" and "drm glue") will make things quite easy for anyone familiar
with BSD's equivalent of core drm,ttm,etc. One only needs to port the
"drm glue".

Iirc Jean-Sébastien (Cc'd) did mention nouveau + FreeBSD at XDC,
although I'm not sure what his current plans are. Perhaps he might be
able to give you some ideas, if you're willing to give it a go ?

Cheers,
Emil