On 12/08/2015 04:30 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 8 December 2015 at 14:56, Samuel Pitoiset <samuel.pitoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
NACK.

This patches breaks MP performance counters on Fermi/Kepler because they
actually use software methods to configure multiplexers. Global perf
counters will also use software methods to init, sample and read hardware
counters, so this SW object is definitely needed.

I'm curious how exactly this happens. Afaict there is no reference to
the nvsw object, which ought to be used, wouldn't it ?
Imho if there is something subtle it's worth adding a comment.

Usually, we need to "register" a subchannel using
the NV01_SUBCHAN_OBJECT command, but surprisingly this doesn't seem to be needed for this SW subchan. Probably because it's not *really* a subchan like 3D, 2D, COMPUTE, M2MF and so on.

I'm not sure if the right way is to use NV01_SUBCHAN_OBJECT like other subchans (even if this one won't change anything), or to add a comment.

Ben, any ideas?

-Emil

--
-Samuel