On 07/05/16 23:44, karol herbst wrote:
looks good, just a minor thing: You need to check for
CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS, otherwise the compile throws out "warnings":

WARNING: "led_classdev_register"
[/home/karol/Dokumente/repos/nouveau/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "led_classdev_resume"
[/home/karol/Dokumente/repos/nouveau/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "led_classdev_unregister"
[/home/karol/Dokumente/repos/nouveau/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "led_classdev_suspend"
[/home/karol/Dokumente/repos/nouveau/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko]
undefined!

And then we may want to thing about if we want to have a nouveau
config option for this to force enable LEDS_CLASS.
Or maybe this isn't needed at all and we just enable this code when
CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS is enabled in the kernel.

Good stuff though

Oops, I had sent the following to myself, not including the ML:

"It just occurred to me that I have not checked if I needed to
conditionally-compile this code or not whether the LED class is
available or not. I designed the code so as to be able to do it, but
failed to remember. I will check and send a v2 if needed."

Anyways, yeah, my plan is simply to not expose the LED if the config is not set. No need to force a dependency!

I will cook up another patch tomorrow.

Martin