On 19/09/16 06:50, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Ilia Mirkin <imir...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Alexandre Courbot <gnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Karol Herbst <karolher...@gmail.com> wrote:
This reverts commit 01bbcb69f80e1058395b737ae399c6f4ef48691b.
I think you meant aff51175cdbf345740ec9203eff88e772af88059 - that's
the commit id that matters, not the one in Ben's non-linux repo.

The commit caused fence timeouts within nvc0_screen_destroy and most likely
other places as well.

The most obvious effect is, that userspace processes take minutes to actually
quit.
Acked-by: Alexandre Courbot <acour...@nvidia.com>
If this doesn't make it into v4.8 (which is due to be released in a
week), it should get tagged for stable as well.

By the way, Alexandre, I believe Martin was reporting issues like this
on his TK1 before this change as well. Probably worth investigating -
sounds like there's a wider issue with TTM_PL_FLAG_UNCACHED and/or
force_coherent.
Yes, it may be indeed related. I need to sync with Martin to
understand his exact repro case.

Running piglit on the tk1 is enough for me, but I will try to update the kernel again to see if it helps.

The issue is that mesa is waiting on a fence that never gets synced on in the gbm destructor. The probably of having the timeout is about 50/50, so it is easy-enough to reproduce in my case :s

Martin