Hello,

On 13/11/17 09:15, John Hubbard wrote:
> On 11/12/2017 06:29 PM, Martin Peres wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Some users have been complaining for years about their GPU sounding like
>> a jet engine at take off. Last year, I finally laid my hand on one of
>> these GPUs and have been trying to fix this issue on and off since then.
>
> Some early feedback: can you tell us the exact SKUs you have? And are these
> production boards with production VBIOSes?
>
> Normally, it's just our bringup boards that we'd expect to be noisy like
> this, so we're looking for a few more details.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

We only have access to production hardware with production vbioses, as
far as I know. In any case, I made all my experiments on the following
GPU (with a stock vbios, albeit modified to perform the experiment):

NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 620] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA
controller])
        Subsystem: eVga.com. Corp. Device 2625

I pushed my vbios to http://fs.mupuf.org/nvidia/fan_calib/ if this is
interesting to you (I doubt it, but if that can save us a round trip,
then let's do this :)).

Thanks,
Martin