Here's the full LLDP packet.

Glen

Martin Casado wrote:
That would be very helpful. Thanks.

On Jul 30, 2008, at 3:32 PM, Glen Gibb wrote:

I think the LLDP inside the Packet In is truncated. Let me know if you need the whole packet.

Glen

Martin Casado wrote:
Thats what I get for reading e-mail backwards. Thanks Glen, I'll take a look at this right away. Should be an easy fix.

Hi all,

We plugged an HP ProCurve switch into an OpenFlow switch today and it caused crashes in discovery:

00002|pyrt|ERR:unable to invoke a Python event handler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./nox/lib/util.py", line 115, in f
 event.total_len, buffer_id, packet)
File "./nox/apps/discovery/discovery.py", line 148, in <lambda>
 discovery.lldp_input_handler(self,dp,inport,reason,len,bid,packet),
File "./nox/apps/discovery/discovery.py", line 235, in lldp_input_handler
 (portid,)  =  struct.unpack("!H", lldph.tlvs[1].id)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/struct.py", line 87, in unpack
 return o.unpack(s)
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 2

Attached is the Packet In message containing the LLDP packet.

Let me know if there's any other info you need,
Glen