datapath_join events in Python pass in a dpid and stats dictionary. The hardware address in stats['ports']['hw_addr'] are "ugly" -- the data type is a string.

To use the hardware address in Python I have to do the following (assuming I want an int):

                   hw_addr = "\0\0" + port[core.HW_ADDR]
                   hw_addr = struct.unpack("!q", hw_addr)[0]

Two questions:
1. Is there a cleaner way to do the above?
2. Would it make sense to change nox to return either a Long or an ethernetaddr object instead of the string?

Glen