I recently tried a fresh NOX installation from the noxrepo git repo on
Ubuntu 10.04.

"./configure --with-python=yes" fails with an error:

"configure: error: Could not link against  !"

The last few lines of the output are:
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for fdatasync... yes
checking for ppoll... yes
checking for boostlib >= 1.34.1... yes
checking whether the Boost::Filesystem library is available... yes
configure: error: Could not link against  !

This is most likely not a NOX problem, as I have compiled the source
multiple times in the past, but on Debian machines. If anyone has
encountered a similar problem on Ubuntu and managed to fix it, please let me
know.

Thanks,
Nikhil