Hi Tim!

You are correct.  After adding the following function definition to
'/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/base.py', the
problem seems to be gone.

    def _handleSigchld(self, signum, frame,
_threadSupport=platform.supportsThreads()):
        from twisted.internet.process import reapAllProcesses
        if _threadSupport:
            self.callFromThread(reapAllProcesses)
        else:
            self.callLater(0, reapAllProcesses)