I'm running a pretty old version of nox, but that change didn't help, I got
the same error:

  [...]
  File "/home/openflow/pronto/src/frenetic_net.py", line 14, in <module>
<-- file I'm trying to import without nox running
    import nox.lib.core as nox_core
  File "/home/openflow/noxcore/build/src/nox/lib/core.py", line 24, in
<module>
    from nox.coreapps.pyrt.pycomponent import *
  File "/home/openflow/noxcore/build/src/nox/coreapps/pyrt/pycomponent.py",
line 25, in <module>
    _pycomponent = swig_import_helper()
  File "/home/openflow/noxcore/build/src/nox/coreapps/pyrt/pycomponent.py",
line 21, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_pycomponent', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError:
/home/openflow/noxcore/build/src/nox/coreapps/pyrt/_pycomponent.so:
undefined symbol: _ZTIN5vigil5EventE

My version information is:
NOX 0.8.0~core~beta (nox_core), compiled Aug 18 2010 14:32:14
Compiled with OpenFlow 0x01